• 今日汇率:1欧元= 7.766979元人民币 繁体中文

• 极具启发性--求职10要素

lis 发表于:2009-05-01 赞一个(0) 收藏     分享到朋友圈     0 18715

lis 加关注发私信

发帖 0奋豆 4粉丝 1楼主

发表于:2009-05-01IP属地: 中国 上海

刚看完,非常受益,什么也不说了先分享再说。

全文分四大部分,下面是简介,二楼是第一部分。总体还未写完,作者语言风趣诙谐,深入浅出,意犹未尽。文章以案例形式分析寻找工作/实习的各种渠道和tactics。如需最及时最新,或更佳阅读效果,可选择登录作者博客页面:http://www.huangg.com/

作者也为中国同胞,海归,拥有咨询顾问,风险投资和创业经验,详情在链接内可见。:)

(To those who are in search of job or have been through the same process back then)

Everynow and then there is a voice saying getting hired is a no-nounder sucha market situation. Yes, it is hard, but there is a way.Successful jobseekers (well, job hunter to be pricise in thissituation) know even intough economic times, there is opportunity. Youjust have to dig it abit deeper, or just one inch deeper than yourpeers. The followingthreads shows how it is going to work.

The following sessions are divided into four core parts (bulletpoint clickable).

Part I - explains basic things to avoid, and basic skillsets to acquire before a real job searching proce

Part II-tells some most frequent situation to which most graduatesencounter.Making the right decision would end up saving a ton of timeandprogress towards your career goal

Part III-dives into the evangelizing some of the most innovative tool forcareeradvancement, over a long term basis. The immediately effectcould alsobe seen in the short term

Part IV-advance and jump to another curve by effectively planning yourcareerright from the very start, from being an undergrad to aspiringfor anMBA, from MBA to an ex-MBA career path, and etc

Here,based on a variety of tricks, techniques and solid skills most in thecollege or even working should know, I would use my favorite Top 10 methodstoensure you won’t miss the focus and save time by jumping ahead ofthecurve or going backwards. The table of content would also help tolocatewhere the focus lies, dependant on your career goal and how youlook atit in the near/long term.

Typically, the following content applies based on my understanding of Finance, Consulting and Fortune 500 types of job. If there is any discrepancy, you are welcome to email me or comment following thread below.

Below is a more concise table of content.

#10 The most ineffective - blindly send out 100+ CVs (with fewer than 5 responses)

#9 The most common  -  Google + job board + forum

#8 The longest process - part-time/freelance work/internship first if you can get a relevant one

#7 The biggest dilemma -  master? delay graduation date to catch another hiring season?

#6 The best way to stand out of your peers over a short period (http://www.eliteexchange.org/) -  pay to wi

#5 The most direct - cold call  +  email

#4 The bravest - get your feet in the company + elevator pitch

#3 The most innovative - think social networking tool

#2 The quickest response  - insider referral

#1 The most solid - stack up your belt from the very start

Table of Content

PART I

#10 The most ineffective - blindly send out 100+ CVs (with fewer than 5 responses)

Basic things to avoid

Target few, and aim high

#9 The most common  -  Google + job board + forum

Use Google

How Google differentiates from other search engine

Search Trick

Things beyond

A test

Boil the Ocea

Added Component: from Zero to IPO to exit (worth further research)

#8 The longest process - part-time/freelance work/internship first if you can get a relevant one

The “Myth”

Q1: When is a good timing for application? (apply to both FT role & internship)

Q2: It is not a hiring season yet, where and how can I find a job?

Q3: My CV looks great, and I come from a target school. But, why I am not selected even for the first round?

Q4: What are the sourcing processes? I am not from a target school, is that a loophole still?

Q5: What makes a perfect resume?

The “Good”

Life is flexible, life is good

You will be a well-rounded perso

The “Bad & the Ugly”

You are quarantined from people (but you are not an SARS carrier)

My workload vs my payroll

Work hard, work hard and work hard

Network, network and network

PART II

#7 The biggest dilemma -  master? delay graduation date to catch another hiring season?

Is Master really for you, or are you really ready for a Master?

Master still good

Q1: Isit worthwhile to delay my education just to catchanother hiring season?This way it makes me look like an fresh grad andmy opportunity will beboosted?

Q2: Location matters?

I am a nativeChinese/other nationalities, I just graduated or onthe process tograduation in the US/UK/AU/Other countries, should Icome back to workin my home country or try to stay when theopportunity from both sideslook slim.

I am a Chinese, does location matter alot? What’s my advantage?

What else to consider?

#6 The best way to stand out of your peers over a short period -  pay to wi

Know your competitive advantage

Q1: What I am lacking, and how to accrue my possibility of getting hired when time is short

Q2: When the market is not hiring, where else exists the opening

Q3: Should I use career service

Which is worthwhile to take? My pick

PART III

#5 The most direct - cold call  +  email

Be in the know

Where to find the company list

Where do those headhunters live

Why headhunters are hated by most

How to live with headhunters in your early career

#4 The bravest - get your feet in the company + elevator pitch

What makes a successful elevator pitch

What makeyou a seemingly acquaitance to the relevant insider

What topics to talk about

How to make up, and to link things together

#3 The most innovative - think social networking tool

Blog yourself, and build your visual CV

Open you up to the world

Your email address matter

Email management and resource sourcing

Domino effect. Everything added up and EXPLODE

PART IV

#2 The quickest response  - insider referral

Where to find your referral

Who can refer

What is Email Etiquette? (important across all sections)

If you fail even with the referral, then what

#1 The most solid - stack up your belt from the very start

How to prepare

What to read

What to put in the CV

How to combine the above to transform your life

and etc…

Declaimer: Iam neither an HR nor a career advisor.What I say is my own stuff andnot affiliated with any of the companiesI worked or am working for. Allthe thoughts on this site are mine. Mycompany and its affiliated andpersonnel are not affiliated with thisblog in any way. If youappreciate and would like to forward thecontent, please kindly linkback to the original source.

Any other thought? If yes, please feel free to email me or reply on this thread below.

Continue Reading ...

首发应届生

快速回复

高级

您目前还是游客,请 登录注册
    写新帖

本周热门

24小时新帖

本版热图

大家也喜欢去